The school's primary aim is to provide a sound secular and religious education, enabling the children to become integrated into society. The school strives to provide an environment in which all children are enabled to reach their full potential within the framework of the National Curriculum, developing emotionally in a happy and caring Jewish atmosphere. The close association with the local Jewish community provides the characteristics of a village school.
King David School promotes high standards of teaching and learning through:
• High expectations, challenge and a focus on improvement.
• Offering a broad and balanced curriculum, developing basic skills as a gateway to lifelong learning.
• Recognising attainment, progress and effort equally.
• Meeting a range of needs through targeted differentiation, including SEN (Special Educational Needs) and AMA (Academically More Able) provision.
• A drive for Excellence & Enjoyment, providing a stimulating and exciting environment, which engenders a love of learning in the pupils.
• Encouraging active parental involvement in their child's education.
At King David School, we offer a relevant, differentiated, broad and balanced curriculum to all our children. There will be equal access to all children, regardless of their ability, gender, religion, race or physical ability.