King David Primary School
The school is an orthodox Jewish Voluntary Aided Primary School with a Nursery Class. It was founded by Birmingham Hebrew Congregation and started life in 1843 as the Hebrew National School. It later became Birmingham Hebrew School and ultimately, as it is now known, King David School, when it moved to its present site in 1965.
Birmingham Hebrew Congregation owns the school buildings and is responsible for alterations and external repairs to the premises with a 90% grant from the Department for Education and Skills.
Birmingham City Council is responsible for the day-to-day running costs and provides funds to the Governors under a delegated budget within the Scheme for Local Management of Schools.
The school is a Group 2, one form entry, co-educational day school. There are approximately 250 pupils on roll aged between 3 and 11.
The school's primary aim is to provide a sound secular and religious education, enabling the children to become integrated into society. The school strives to provide an environment in which all children are enabled to reach their full potential within the framework of the National Curriculum, developing emotionally in a happy and caring Jewish atmosphere. The close association with the local Jewish community provides the characteristics of a village school.